Barry E. Kenneally, M.D.
Dr. Barry Kenneally is a nonsurgical sports medicine physician who treats a wide variety orthopedic problems in athletes and non-athletes as well as patients with non-operative orthopedic oncologic conditions. He is from the area and enjoys providing care to his fellow native Philadelphians. He is board certified in nonsurgical sports medicine and family medicine.
He works with numerous athletes and teams in the area to treat sports injuries and help them to compete. He also treats many former athletes and non-athletes who have more chronic conditions. Dr. Kenneally is involved in writing articles and textbooks in sports medicine and also lectures on various topics in the field. Dr. Kenneally serves as an assistant Team Physician for the Philadelphia 76ers.
- B.S., St. Joseph’s University
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College
- Primary Care, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Board Certified, Family Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Kenneally, BE. Sexually transmitted infections: the news isn’t all bad. Lancet (electronic letter) 2001; 19June2001.
- Kenneally B. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. In: Lo Re V III, Rubin H, eds. Hot Topics in Infectious Diseases. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus, 2004.
- Kenneally B. Urinary Tract Infections. In: Lo Re V III, Rubin H, eds. Hot Topics in Infectious Diseases. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus, 2004.
- Kenneally B. Nonnecrotizing Skin Infections. In: Lo Re V III, Rubin H, eds. Hot Topics in Infectious Diseases. Philadelphia: Hanley & Belfus, 2004.
- Vitanzo P, Kenneally B. Diagnosis of isolated axillary neuropathy in athletes: case studies. J Musculoskel Med.2009;26(8):307-311.
- (in publication) Vitanzo P, Kenneally B. Nonsurgical Alternatives and Conservative Management of Knee Osteoarthritis. In: Parvizi J,ed, Total Knee Arthroplasty Essentials. Thorofare, NJ: Slack Inc.