John H. Chidester, IV, M.D.
Dr. John Chidester is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who has practiced orthopaedic surgery for over 40 years. He received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 1970 and went on to complete his internship and one year of general surgery residency at Georgetown University. Following two years in the US Army, including one tour in Vietnam, he returned to Washington DC and completed an orthopaedic residency at George Washington University.
Dr. Chidester joined the staff at Paoli Hospital in 1977 and carried out a full range of both office and operative orthopaedic surgery with a recent emphasis on orthopaedic trauma when Paoli Hospital became a Level 2 trauma center. During his time at Paoli, he served a ten-year term as Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Since joining Rothman Orthopaedics he will focus on non-operative orthopaedic care, including the evaluation and treatment of the full range of musculoskeletal conditions.
Dr. Chidester is a lifelong outdoorsman and enjoys hunting, fishing and camping.
- B.A., Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship, General Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Residency, General Surgery, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, George Washington University, Washington, DC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
PANCOAST LESION: A Case Report,
February 1985, Volume10, No.2