Joshua S. Hornstein, M.D.
Dr. Josh Hornstein is a board certified Sports Medicine Orthopaedic Surgeon specializing in injuries of the shoulder, knee and hip. His clinical interests are rotator cuff injuries, shoulder dislocations and instability, anterior cruciate ligament injuries and the treatment of hip impingement syndrome, labrum tears and gluteal tendon tears. Currently, Dr. Hornstein serves as Orthopaedic Team Physician for the College of New Jersey and provides orthopaedic care for Lawrence, Northern Burlington Regional and Nottingham High Schools. He has been a clinical instructor for shoulder arthroscopy at the Orthopaedic Learning Center in Chicago and has given numerous local and national lectures on both hip preservation surgery and rotator cuff repair.
Dr. Hornstein is licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. He is a member of several professional societies including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM) and the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA). Dr. Hornstein is also a member of the Board of Trustees for Greenwood House, an assisted living and nursing facility in Ewing, New Jersey. He has dedicated his career to treating all types of athletes of all ages, from recreational to collegiate and professional.
- Undergraduate: Brandeis University, Waltham, Massachusetts
- Medical: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey
- General Surgery Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: Boston University Medical Center - Division of Sports Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Diplomate, Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Fellow
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- Mercer County Medical Society
- Orthopaedic Team Physician Trenton Thunder
- Orthopaedic Team Physician The College of New Jersey
“Meniscal Repair Using Fast-Fix All Inside Mensical Repair Device”, Arthroscopy, February 2005
- This is a center where patients can go to have their disabled joint biological resurfaced, realigned, and stabilized without having the joint replaced by artificial materials such as metal and plastic. It is well known that the outcomes of patients under the age of 50 undergoing artificial joint replacement are not as good as we would like. Therefore we feel the future of Orthopaedics is to try to restore a joint back to its original anatomy by realignment, ligament reconstruction, and cartilage restoration.Read More