Paul M. Kitei, M.D.
Dr. Kitei is a board certified and fellowship trained specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and Pain Medicine. He completed his residency training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and went on to complete a Pain Medicine fellowship at Montefiore Medical Center in Bronx, NY, where he concentrated on an interventional approach to painful disorders of the spine. He was selected as Chief Resident and Chief Fellow at these institutions. He currently serves as a Clinical Instructor of Rehabilitation Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and is responsible for the Jefferson Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency program’s non-operative spine rotation at Rothman.
Dr. Kitei is a published physician and holds a number of medical memberships. His practice focuses on fluoroscopically-guided spinal procedures, including epidural steroid injections, radiofrequency ablation, and spinal cord stimulation.
- B.S., Schreyer Honors College of the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College (currently Sidney Kimmel Medical College), Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, ACGME-Accredited Pain Medicine Fellowship, Montefiore Medical Center , Bronx, NY
- Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Pain Medicine
- Clinical Instructor of Rehabilitation Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
• Kitei PM, Say EA, Shields CL, Regillo CD, Shields JA. Management of retinal vasoproliferative tumor associated with ROP by plaque brachytherapy. Journal of Pediatrics and Strabismus. 2012;48,e10-2.
• Simon J, Conliffe T, Kitei P. (Lumbar disc herniation) Non-operative management: An evidence-based approach. Seminars in Spine Surgery. 2016;28(1),8-13.
• Zhou L, Kitei P, & Zhou C. (2016, April 19). PM&R Knowledge NOW: Osteoporosis in Rehabilitation. http://me.aapmr.org/kn/article.html?id=90
• Awuor SO, Kitei PM, Nawaz Y, Ahnert AM. Intrathecal baclofen withdrawal: A rare cause of reversible cardiomyopathy. Acute Cardiac Care. 2016;18(1),13-17.
• Simon JI, Surrey DB, Kitei P, Sonagere M, Gehret J, Young G, Smoger D. Successful repeat sacroplasty in a patient with recurrent sacral insufficiency fracture: A case report. PM&R. 2017.
Publications, non peer-reviewed
• Kitei P, Ballenger JF. Medical imaging and the doctor-patient relationship. Thesis, Schreyer Honors College of The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. 2009.