Sarah J. Weinstein, D.O.
Dr. Weinstein is a board certified, fellowship trained Primary Care Sports Medicine physician specializing in the treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, acute and chronic in nature.
During her fellowship at The University of Colorado, Dr. Weinstein served as team physician at both the college and professional level. She worked with the football, women’s volleyball and women’s lacrosse teams at The University of Colorado at Boulder, as well as the Colorado Avalanche and the Denver Nuggets. She has significant training in musculoskeletal ultrasound and will use this modality in her practice to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of common musculoskeletal injuries.
Dr. Weinstein is passionate about educating athletes of all ages about the importance of nutrition and a healthy lifestyle. She is focused on injury prevention, using exercise as medicine and thereby maximizing quality of life for her patients.
Her clinical interests include the non surgical treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, the female athlete, musculoskeletal ultrasound, exercise prescriptions, and nutrition to enhance a healthy lifestyle.
- D.O., Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford, NJ
- Residency, Family Medicine, Crozer-Keystone Family Medicine, Springfield, PA
- Fellowship, Primary Care Sports Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports
- American Academy of Family
PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
2019 Weinstein S, Khodaee M, Vanbaak K. “Common Skiing and Snowboarding Injuries.” Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2019; 18; 394-400.
2019 Kaminski T, Weinstein S, Wahlquist V. “A Comprehensive Prospective Examination of Purposeful Heading in American Interscholastic and Collegiate Soccer Players.” Science and Medicine in Football. 2019.