Stephen A. Stache, Jr., M.D.
Dr. Stache is a non-operative sports medicine physician and serves as the Associate Division Chief for Non-Operative Sports Medicine at Rothman Orthopaedics. He completed his fellowship and residency training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and obtained his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College. He is board certified in both sports medicine and family medicine and has particular interest in concussion management.
Dr. Stache served as a team physician for a variety of sports teams on a professional, collegiate and high school level. Originally from the Pittsburgh area of southwestern Pennsylvania, he was a former collegiate athlete playing four years as a starter in football at Johns Hopkins University.
Dr. Stache previously served as the Head Team Physician and Head Internist for the Philadelphia Eagles, and currently serves on the medical staff for the Philadelphia Phillies, Philadelphia 76ers and St. Joseph’s University.
- 1999-2003 BA: The John Hopkins University (Psychological and Brain Sciences)
- 2004-2005 Non-Degree Post-Baccalaureate Studies: University of Pennsylvania (General Studies)
- 2005-2009 M.D.: Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University
- 2009-2012 Resident in Family Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia
- 2012- 2013 Fellowship, Family and Community Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia
- 2012 American Board of Family Medicine
- Instructor of Family and Community Medicine, Jefferson Medical College
- Head Team Physician, Head Internist, Philadelphia Eagles
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (Fellow Member: 2012-present)
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (Resident/Student Member 2009-2012)
- American College of Sports Medicine (Fellow Member 2012-present)
- American Academy of Family Practioners (2009-present)
- Jefferson Sports Medicine Society (Society Co-Founder 2005-2006)
- American Medical Association (Medical Student Section 2005-2009)
- Jefferson Sports Medicine Society (Exectutive Committee 2006-2007)
- American Medical Association (Resident Member 2009-present)