William Gomez, M.D.
Dr. Gomez was fellowship trained in Sports Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh and specializes in injury specific state of the art surgical and non-surgical alternatives for orthopaedic conditions. He has previously served as the Head Orthopaedic Surgeon for Rider University, the Trenton Titans/Devils of the East Coast Hockey league, as well as Orthopaedic Consultant to many local high schools. He currently is the Head Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Trenton Thunder/NY Yankees AA affiliate, The College of New Jersey and Hopewell Valley High School.
He has received the Twenty Year Service Award from the professional Baseball Athletic Trainers Society, and the Contribution to Amateur football Award from the National Football Foundations Delaware Chapter. He is a member of numerous medical societies including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, and he is Board certified in Sports Medicine.
- Undergraduate: NYU Engineering/Polytechnic Institute of New York, New York, New York
- Medical: College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York
- General Surgery Residency: St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center, New York, New York
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: New York Orthopaedic Hospital, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, New York, New York
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- New Jersey Surgery Center, Mercerville, New Jersey
- Capital Health System, Hopewell, New Jersey
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, Hamilton, New Jersey
- St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton, New Jersey
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Diplomate
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Fellow
- New Jersey Medical Society
- Medical Society of New Jersey
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Orthopaedic Team Physician Trenton Titans (ECHL Champions 2005)
- Orthopaedic Team Physician Trenton Thunder (AA Affiliate of N.Y. Yankees)
- Orthopaedic Team Physician The College of New Jersey
- New Jersey Top Doctors, Orthopaedic Surgery; 2001, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011
- New York Metro Area Top Doctors, Orthopaedic Surgery; 2000 – 2017
- America's Top Physicians; 2006 – 2017
Seitz W, Gomez W, Putnam M, Rosenwasser M: Management of severe hand trauma with a mini external fixateur. Journal of Orthopaedics, Vol 10, 1987, pp 601-610.
Gomez W, Grantham SA: Radial carpal-volar lunate dislocation: A case report. Journal of Orthopaedics, Vol 11, 1988, pp 937-940.
Gomez W, Fu FH: Severe knee injury in a gymnast. Orthopaedic Consultation, Vol 9, 1988, pp 8-12.
Gomez W, Fu FH: Bilateral Avascular necrosis of the first metatarsal heads: A case report. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, #246, 1989, p 282.
Seitz W, Dalsey RM, Gomez W, Dick HM: The myoelectric prosthesis: Management of the upper extremity amputee. Orthopaedic Review, 1989.