Andrew M. Pepper, M.D.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Pepper, please call 844-407-4070.
Dr. Andrew M. Pepper is a fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in all aspects of hip and knee replacement surgery including total and partial primary knee replacement, primary total hip replacement, as well as complex and revision total joint replacement. Dr. Pepper is a native of Florida, growing up around the Tampa Bay area and received his medical degree from the University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine. He then completed his residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI and went on to pursue fellowship training in Adult Joint Reconstruction at New York University Langone Orthopedic Hospital/Insall Scott Kelly Institute in New York, NY. During his residency and fellowship training, Dr. Pepper learned a variety of surgical techniques allowing him to individualize patients’ care to obtain the best outcome for each patient. Dr. Pepper aims to provide patients with exceptional individualized care that returns patients to the quality of life they desire.
Dr. Pepper has been interested in clinical research throughout his career and his current research interests include: multimodal pain management after total joint replacement, improving outcomes after total joint replacement, and managing costs associated with joint replacement. He has authored numerous publications and is committed to advancing the science of and access to joint replacement surgery.
Dr. Pepper and his wife, Rachel, both grew up around Tampa Bay and are dedicated to giving back to their home community in Central Florida. They enjoy time with family, kayak fishing, golf, and following the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- B.S. Microbiology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- M.D., University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Adult Joint Reconstruction, New York University Langone Orthopedic Hospital/Insall Scott Kelly Institute, New York, NY
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, Candidate Member
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Candidate Member
- Florida Orthopaedic Society, Member
- American Medical Association, Member
• Pepper AM, Novikov D, Cizmic Z, Barrett J, Collins M, Schwarzkopf R, Iorio R, Long WJ. Age and Frailty Influence Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Reimbursement in a Bundled Payment Care Improvement (BPCI) Initiative. Journal of Arthroplasty. Volume 34, Issue 7, Supplement, July 2019, S80-83.
• Mercuri, JJ, Pepper AM, Werner JA, Vigdorchik JM. Gap Balancing, Measured Resection, And Kinematic Alignment. Feature Article ICJR: https://icjr.net/articles/evaluating-the-evidence-for-gap-balancing-measured-resection-and-kinematic-alignment. JBJS Reviews - Review Articles: 05 March 2019 - Volume 7 - Issue 3 - p. e2-e2
• Pepper AM, Mercuri JJ, Behery OA, Vigdorchik JM. Total Hip And Knee Arthroplasty Perioperative Pain Management. https://icjr.net/articles/perioperative-pain-management-in-tja-what-should-be-in-the-mix. JBJS Reviews - Review Articles: 18 December 2018 - Volume 6 - Issue 12 - p. e5-e5
• Frisch NB, Pepper AM, Rooney E, Silverton C. Intraoperative Hypothermia in Total Hip and Knee Arthroplasty. Orthopedics, 40(1), 2017, 56-63.
• Frisch NB, Pepper AM, Jildeh TR, Shaw J, Guthrie TS, Silverton C. Intraoperative Hypothermia During Surgical Fixation of Hip Fractures. Orthopedics, 39(6), 2016, e1170-e1177.
• Pepper AM, North WT, Sunderland A, Davis J. Intraoperative Adductor Canal Block for Augmentation of Periarticular Injection in Total Knee Arthroplasty: A Cadaveric Study. Journal of Arthroplasty. 31(9), 2016, 2072-2076.
• Henderson ER, Pepper AM, Johnson DA, Cheong D, Letson GD. What are Estimated Expansion Costs of Prostheses Capable of Surgical and Non-Surgical Lengthening? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2012 Apr; 470(4): 1194-203. doi: 10.1007/s11999-011-2186-2. Epub 2011 Nov 29. PMID: 22125242
• Henderson ER, Pepper AM, Marulanda G, Binitie OT, Cheong D, Letson GD. Outcomes After Pediatric Limb Preservation with Expandable Endoprosthesis for Tumor. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012 Mar 21;94(6):537-47. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.I.01575. PMID: 22438003
• Henderson ER, Pepper AM, Marulanda GA, Millard JD, Letson GD; What is the Emotional Acceptance After Limb Salvage with an Expandable Prosthesis? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2010 Nov;468(11):2933-8. doi: 10.1007/s11999-010-1456-8. PMID: 20632139