David E. Surrey, M.D.
Dr. Surrey is a Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation specialist. He completed his Bachelor Degree from Cornell University and completed his residency training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. He went on to complete an Interventional Spine, Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine fellowship at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Surrey is a published physician and holds a number of professional memberships. His practice focuses on the treatment of non-operative management for neck and low back pain.
- B.S., Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- M.D., Jefferson Medical College (currently Sidney Kimmel Medical College), Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, Interventional Spine and Sports, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Spine Intervention Society
- North American Spine Society
Publications, peer reviewed
1. Long S, Surrey D, Nazarian L. Common Sonographic Findings in the Painful Hip Following Hip Arthroplasty. Journal of Ultrasound Medicine. 2012 Feb;31(2):301-12.
2. Fieldston ES, Li J, Terwiesch C, Helfaer MA, Verger J, Pati S, Surrey D, Patel K, Ebberson JL, Lin R, Metlay JP. Direct Observation of Bed Utilization in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. Journal of Hospital Medicine. 2012 Apr;7(4):318-24.
3. Sharpe RE, Surrey D, Nazarian LN, Gorniak R, and Flanders A. Radiology Report Comparator: A Novel Method to Augment Resident Education. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2012 Jun;25(3):330-6.
4. Surrey D, Sharpe RE, Gorniak R, Nazarian L, Rao VM, Flanders AE. QRSE: A Novel Metric for the Evaluation of Trainee Radiologist Reporting Skills. Journal of Digital Imaging. 2013 Aug;26(4):678-82.
5. Long S, Surrey D, Nazarian, L. Sonography of Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome and the Rarity of Primary Bursitis. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2013 Nov;201(5):1083-6.
6. Mehnert M, Freedman M, Surrey D. Cervicogenic Headache. PM&R Knowledge Now. March 2016. http://me.aapmr.org/kn/article.html?id=169
7. Simon JI, Surrey DE, Kitei P, Sonagere M, Gehret J, Smoger D. Repeat Sacroplasty in a Patient with a Recurrent Sacral Insufficiency Fracture: A Case Report. PM&R. 2017 April