Irfan Chhipa, M.D., M.P.H.
Dr. Chhipa is a fellowship-trained, non-surgical sports medicine physician who cares for a wide variety of patients, including athletes and non-athletes alike. Dr. Chhipa has served as team physician for numerous sports teams on a national, professional, collegiate, and high school level. He is also a specialist for concussions and often lectures on this topic to the medical community.
Dr. Chhipa is a dedicated clinician and enjoys educating both the professional and patient communities on a range of sports medicine topics. He is a published physician and is board certified in both sports medicine and family medicine.
- B.A.. Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- MPH, St. George's University School of Public Health
- MD, St. George's University School of Medicine
- Residency/Chief Residency, Virtua Family Medicine, Voorhees, NJ
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Methodist, Houston, TX
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Orthopaedics Sports Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University
- Board Certification in Sports Medicine
- Board Certification in Family Medicine
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- American Medical Society of Sports Medicine (AMSSM)
Slipping Rib Syndrome in an Adolescent Wrestler- British Medical Journal Case Reports
Not Your Typical Back Pain: A case report of reactive arthritis - IP International Journal of Orthopaedic Rheumatology