Summer is here, which means it's time to find those bathing suits that were stashed away all winter and get the body ready for the beach.
"It's easy to put on weight during the winter months and then be surprised when you can't fit into your bathing suit from last season," says Barbara Bender, RD, LDN, a dietitian for the Rothman Orthopaedic Institute Wellness Program.
"People tend to think it's hard and expensive to lose weight, but that's not the case."
A private nutritionist or personal trainer can be costly, but the Rothman Orthopaedic Institute Wellness Program is covered by most major insurance plans and offers clients the structure they need to lose unwanted weight without breaking the bank.
The Wellness Program, developed by Rothman Orthopaedic Institute physicians and dietitians, focuses on behavior modification and development of positive lifestyles to maintain long-term weight loss. The program provides clients with the following:
- Individual assessments by dietitians
- Personalized meal and exercise plans
- Structured ways of controlling cravings and binges
- Personal goal setting, family meal planning and guidance on making smart choices when dining out
- Plans for maintaining weight loss
- Bender says that for most people, appearance is the drive to lose weight, but being overweight can also cause heart disease, diabetes and other life-threatening health conditions.
"A small weight loss can lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol and put less strain on your joints while giving you the toned body you want. We recognize that achieving healthy, everyday habits will support long-term success."
The Wellness Program is offered in Center City, King of Prussia, Media, and Bensalem. For more information about the Wellness Program, or to get started today, call 1-888-777-3077.