Do I Need An Orthopedic Trauma Surgeon?

How do patients know if and when they need an Orthopaedic Trauma & Fracture Care surgeon? Because orthopaedic trauma surgeons are trained in treating complex injuries with multiple dimensions of damage, certain injuries demand the specialized care of a trauma surgeon in order to be effectively addressed.

The conditions that necessitate the expertise of an Orthopaedic Trauma & Fracture Care surgeon include both injuries of certain types and injuries to certain regions of the body. Complicated fractures that involve the pelvis, acetabulum, or one of the other joints of the body should always be treated by an experienced trauma surgeon, even if a hospital transfer is required. Likewise, specialist surgeons should always be consulted in certain scenarios, such as if fracture healing is not occurring as expected, which may be due to a nonunion or malunion.

Fractures can be complex injuries. The success of treatment, recovery, and healing is often dependent upon the skill, knowledge, and experience of the surgeon in charge of treatment. Ultimately, any patient who is concerned about the nature of their injury or who wants the reassurance of exceptional expertise should call Rothman Orthopaedic Institute and ask for a consultation with an Orthopaedic Trauma & Fracture Care specialist.

1 of 1
You are using an unsupported version of Internet Explorer. To ensure security, performance, and full functionality, please upgrade to an up-to-date browser.