Gregory K. Deirmengian, M.D.
Dr. Deirmengian is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in primary and revision hip and knee replacements. He evaluates patients with hip and knee pain who may benefit from joint replacement surgery. He also evaluates patients with existing hip and knee replacements that are problematic to determine whether the patient may benefit from a revision procedure.
The joint replacement surgeons at Rothman Orthopaedics collectively perform over 17,000 hip and knee procedures each year in both an inpatient and outpatient capacity. They continue to lead the way in advanced technologies and procedures, providing our patients with the safest, most effective methods to get you back to what you were. Services offered include:
- Total Hip Replacement
- Anterior Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Hip Replacement
- Rapid Recovery Hip Replacement
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Posterior Hip Replacement
- Computer Assisted Hip Replacement
- Robotic Hip Replacement
- Outpatient Total Hip Replacement
- Anterolateral Approach
- Direct Lateral Approach
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement
- Rapid Recovery Knee Replacement
- Computer Assisted Knee Replacement
- Robotic Knee Replacement
- Quad Sparing Knee Replacement
- Outpatient Total Knee Replacement
Key Contact Information
Surgical Scheduler (Marlton): 856-821-6365
Surgical Scheduler (Washington Twp): 856-286-4230
Surgical Scheduler (King of Prussia): 610-755-3083
Medical Questions: 484-297-6257
Billing Inquiries: 267-339-3558
- B.A., Princeton University
- M.D., University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Hip and Knee Reconstruction, Rothman Orthopaedic Institute, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Associate Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University
- Board Certified, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Rothman Orthopaedic Specialty Hospital
- Kennedy Health System
- Physicians Care Surgical Hospital at Limerick
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Advanced Trauma Life Support, American College of Surgeons
- Deirmengian GK, Huffman GR. Autograft Hamstring Reconstruction of Chronic Quadriceps Tendon Repairs. Techniques in Knee Surgery. Publication Pending.Pappas N, Deirmengian GK, Jian B, Bozentka DA. Orthopaedic . Radiology . Pathology Conference: Hand Mass in an 18-year-old Woman. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009 Jul 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Craig L. Israelite, Charles L. Nelson and Jonathan P. Garino. Bone Grafting Procedures. Treating Osteonecrosis of the Hip. Tech. Orthop. 23(1):35-43, March 2008.
- Deirmengian GK, Hebela NM, Shore EM, O’Connell MP, Glaser D, and Kaplan FS. Proximal Tibial Osteochondromas in Patients with Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008 Feb;90(2):366-74.
- Gregory K Deirmengian, MD; Pedro K Beredjiklian, MD. Scaphoid fractures and fracture nonunion. Curr Opin Orthop. 18(4): 315-21, July 2007.
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, MD; Pedro K. Beredjiklian, MD; Charles Getz, MD; Matthew Ramsey, MD; David J. Bozentka, MD. Distal Biceps Tendon Repair: One-Incision Incision vs. Two-Incision Techniques. Techniques in Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. 7(1):61-71, 2006
- Kaplan FS, Glaser DL, Shore EM, Deirmengian GK, Gupta R, Delai P, Morhart R, Smith R, Le Merrer M, Rogers JG, Connor MJ, Kitterman JA. The Phenotype of Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progresiva. Clinical Reviews in Bone and Mineral Metabolism. Vol 3, no 3-4, 183-188, 2005.
- Deirmengian GK, Hosalkar HS, Dolinskas CA, Stopyra G, Ogilvie CM, Lackman RD. Thigh Mass in a 45-Year-Old Male. Clin Orthop Relat Res, Jan: 266-71, 2005.
- Deirmengian GK, Hozack WJ. Pain Management and Accelerated Rehabilitation. Orthopaedic Knowledge Update: Hip and Knee Reconstruction 4. (Publication Pending.)
- Deirmengian GK, Parvizi J. Removal of Components in Revision Hip Arthroplasty Interactive Educational Program for Total Joint Replacement. Edited by Schmalzried T, Mont M, Parvizi J, Pellegrini VD, Scuderi GR, Hungerford DS. (Publication Pending)
- Deirmengian GK, Deirmengian CA. Surgical Principles of Total Knee Arthroplasty. Essentials in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Edited by Parvizi J and Klatt B. (In Press)
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Craig L. Israelite. Revision Total Knee Arthoplasty: The Basics: Patella Revision/Reconstruction. Arthritis & Arthroplasty: The Knee. Edited by Thomas E. Brown. (In Press).
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Jonathan P. Garino. Hip Decompression and Grafting. Gowned and Gloved Orthopaedics: Introduction to Common Procedures. Edited by Neil Sheth and Jess Lonner.
- Gregory K. Deirmengian, Pedro K. Beredjiklian. Arthroscopic treatment of interosseous ligament tears, carpal instability and capsular electrothermal shrinkage techniques. John T Capo, MD and Virak Tan, MD: Minimally Invasive Hand and Wrist Surgery.
- Kaplan FS, Deirmengian GK, Chakkalakal S, Shore EM. Osteochondromas & the FOP Metamorphogene. To be presented at Multiple Hereditary Osteochondroma Association workshop. October 2009.
- Gregory K Deirmengian, MD; Nader M. Hebela, MD; Eileen M. Shore, PhD,; MD Michael P O’Connell, David Glaser, MD; and Frederick S. Kaplan. Proximal Tibia Osteochondromas in Patients with Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.
- Paper Presentation at the AAOS meeting 2007, San Diego California.
- Michael P O’Connell, Paul C Billings, Jennifer L Fiori, Gregory K Deirmengian, Helmtrud I Roach, Eileen M Shore, Frederick S Kaplan. HSPG-Mediated Signaling is Disrupted in Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressive in Lymphoblastoid Cell Lines. Presented at the ASBMR conference 2005.