Michael J. Mehnert, M.D.
Michael J. Mehnert, M.D. is a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist and has a subspecialty certification in Sports Medicine. Dr. Mehnert is a Clinical Instructor of Rehabilitation Medicine in the Clinician Educator Track at Thomas Jefferson Medical College, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
He is a published physician with works addressing spine injuries and epidural steroid injections. He has trained at the prestigious Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in New Jersey and has also completed fellowship training in spinal injection procedures and sports/occupational medicine.
- B.A., Biological Sciences, Rutgers University
- M.D., Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- Residency, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Fellowship, Musculoskeletal Medicine/Interventional Spine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
- Clinical Instructor of Rehabilitation Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University
- Hospital, Department Of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Centers
- Interventional Spinal Injection Society, Member
- Association of Academic Physiatrists, Member
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Member
Presentations, Publications and Lectures
- Presenter & Instructor – Thomas Jefferson Resident Electrodiagnostics Workshop, January –April 2009.
- Chen B, Stitik TP, Foye PM, Castro CP, Mehnert MJ. Epidural Steroid Injections. eMedicine from WebMD. Update February 18. 2009. Available at:http://www.emedicine.com/PMR/topic223.htm.
- Introduction To Electrodiagnostic Testing & Instrumentation, Thomas Jefferson Residency Lecture Series, 2008.
- Mehnert M, Foye P, Ankamah A, Sorensen M. National Presentation - Two Slides in Two Minutes: A Case of Non-Traumatic Knee Dislocation, AAPM&R Annual Assembly, September2007.
- Chen B, Stitik T, Foye P, Castro C, Mehnert M, Malanga G. Ultrasound-Guided Tendon Sheath
- Injection with Methylprednisolone for Severe Posterior Tibialis Tendinitis – A Case Report. Arch Phys Med Rehabil, 88: E104, September 2007.
- Ankamah A, Foye P, Mehnert M, Sorensen, M. Variation on Monomelic Amyotrophy in the PM&R Electrodiagnostics Lab: A Case Report and Literature Review. Am J Phys Med Rehabil,86(4): S133, April 2007.
- Chen B, Stitik T, Foye P, Castro C, Mehnert M, Malanga G. Ultrasound-Guided Tendon Sheath Injection with Methylprednisolone for Severe Posterior Tibial Tendonitis – A Case Report. Accepted for the AAPM&R Annual Assembly, Fall 2007.
- Malanga G, Mehnert M, Kim D. Cervical Spine Sprain/Strain Injuries. eMedicine Publication (Sports Medicine), Updated December 2005.
- Mehnert M, Agesen T, Malanga G. Heading and Neck Injuries in Soccer: A Review of
- Biomechanics and Potential Long-Term Effects. Pain Physician, 8: 357-363, 2005.
- Case Presentation – Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - Grand Rounds given with Braddom, R.
- PM&R Resident Lecture Series, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, September 2, 2005.
- Mehnert M, Agesen T, Malanga G. Infectious Diskitis: An Uncommon Cause of Low Back Pain. Am J Phys Med Rehabil, 84(3): 224, March 2005.
- Presenter & Instructor - Joint Injection Workshop Series at the AAP Annual Assembly, February 2005.