If you need a revision knee surgery Rothman Orthopaedic Institute is here to help with the best specialists and technology available!
Total knee replacement surgery is one of the most consistently successful modern medical procedures. Knee replacements can significantly improve a person’s functionality and quality of life, allowing him or her to live a more active life without chronic knee pain. However, a knee replacement will occasionally begin to fail over time as the original prosthesis wears down or loosens. If the original knee replacement fails, you may experience swelling, stiffness, pain, or instability--all of which may make ordinary daily activities difficult to perform. If this happens, it may be necessary to undergo revision knee surgery. If you or someone you love is searching for where to find revision knee surgery, than Rothman Orthopaedic Institute is here to help.
Here at Rothman Orthopaedic Institute we believe that one of the first steps on the path to recovery is better understanding your condition and the options available to you.
Where to Find Revision Knee Surgery and What to Expect
While the end goal and result are essentially the same--to alleviate pain and restore functionality--the procedure for revision knee surgery is longer and more complex. In order to achieve optimal results more extensive planning will be required.
Types of knee revision surgery may vary. Sometimes only one part of the prosthesis needs to be corrected; other times the entire structure must be removed and replaced. Due to wear and damage that may have occurred, the bone may need to be repaired with augments or bone grafts. Augments are metal pieces used as substitutes for missing bone.
If there is damage to the bone, it is unlikely that the surgeon will be able to use the standard knee implants. Instead, a specialized implant may be used with a longer stem fitted deep in the bone for added support and stability.
All of these factors contribute to making the procedure slightly more complicated and take a little longer to perform. Fortunately, your preparation and hospital experience will likely be very similar to your first knee replacement surgery. If you are trying to determine where to find revision knee surgery that you can trust to have the best results, then you should consider letting Rothman Orthopaedic Institute be the ones to guide you through this process.
You Can Trust Rothman Orthopaedic Institute
Rothman Orthopaedic Institute is a trusted provider of knee replacement surgeries. All of our physicians are highly trained experts in their specialities, seeing hundreds of patients a year and treating them with the most advanced treatments and technologies. You can be assured that the surgeon who performs your procedure will be an expert in his or her field and able to offer you the highest quality of care. Let Rothman Orthopaedic Institute be your answer to where to find revision knee surgery for lasting results.
Our team is especially recognized for our innovations and advancements in the field of knee replacement surgery and are continually integrating new treatment options into our care so that we can offer you the very best treatment available and the fastest recovery possible.
If you or someone you love has been struggling with knee replacement pain, discomfort, or a lack of mobility, then it may be time to consider having a Rothman Orthopaedic Institute specialist examine you and begin the process for having a revision knee replacement surgery. Let us guide you through this process and help you to regain the mobility and functionality you previously enjoyed. You will be able to be confident in your choice of an institution with the most highly trained physicians and the best technology. We will be here for you from your initial consultation through post-op rehabilitation.
For more information, please visit us here or contact us at 1-800-321-9999.
- Bilateral Knee Replacement
- Computer Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Loose Bodies/Spurs Surgery (Knee)
- Minimally Invasive Knee Surgery
- Non-operative Knee Arthritis Treatment
- Non-operative Loose Bodies/Spurs (Knee) Treatments
- Non-operative Runner's Knee (Chondromalacia Patella) Treatment
- Revision Knee Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement
- Our Field Athletic Trainers provide direct sports medicine care to youth, high school, college and professional athletes. Rothman AT’s provide athletic training services throughout Southeastern PA and NJ to interscholastic high schools, colleges, as well as tournaments and special events.Read More
- This is a center where patients can go to have their disabled joint biological resurfaced, realigned, and stabilized without having the joint replaced by artificial materials such as metal and plastic. It is well known that the outcomes of patients under the age of 50 undergoing artificial joint replacement are not as good as we would like. Therefore we feel the future of Orthopaedics is to try to restore a joint back to its original anatomy by realignment, ligament reconstruction, and cartilage restoration.Read More